2018-2019 REGULAR SEASON
Cost per player - $625. This fee includes a weekly training session for 6 weeks, team practices, league games and 3 tournaments. There is an additional cost for uniforms this season for all players. All players that make a team are also required to have a valid AAU number (nominal fee) to participate in the TBA program. AAU costs can be found on their web site.
- August 1st – Tryout registration link will be available on the TBA web site. Anyone interested in trying out must register online prior to tryouts.
- August 15th & 29th - OPEN GYM - Maple View Middle School (6:30 - 8:30pm) - The purpose of this opportunity is to provide a non-structured environment for our athletes to play mini games and get some extra work before tryouts. This is OPEN to all kids who are interested in learning more about Tahoma Basketball Association.
- September 9th& 10th – Tryout Dates. All players are encouraged to attend both tryout dates. Players will find out if they made the team within a few days after tryouts.
- September 23rd – Parent/player meeting and sizing for uniforms - TAHOMA SR. HIGH SCHOOL 6PM - 8PM
- October 1st – Player $625 fee due. Must be paid in full no later than 10/1 in order to participate in any TBA basketball activities.
- Week of October 1st – Pre-season trainings begin. Trainings will mostly be held on Mondays for 6 weeks (10/1, 10/8, 10/15, 10/22, Tues. 10/30, and 11/5). Note: there is one training held on a Tuesday.
- Week of October 1st or 8th – Team practices begin. Typically teams have 1 practice per week while the trainings are taking place. Once the 6 week trainings are over, teams will have 2 practices per week. Dates and times of team practices will not be known until later in September when we know how many teams we have, what gym space is available, coaches, etc.
- October 29th – TBA Shoot-A-Thon fundraiser event (all players required to participate).
- November 3rd& 4th - First tournament games.
- December – League games begin. Games take place on Saturdays and/or Sundays every week, typically excluding Presidents weekend. Occasionally there is a “bye” weekend during the season.
- First 2 weeks of March – League games end. Playoffs begin.
- March 15-17 – State Championships in Spokane (only for any TBA teams that have qualified through league play or tournaments).
NOTE– The other 2 tournaments will be determined by the board and coaches once tournament options start being released. In the past, all TBA teams have done a tournament in Portland in early December and then our 3rd tournament during MLK weekend in the Mt. Si or other local area.
2019 SPRING SEASON
Cost per player – TBD. This fee is determined based on the number of teams continuing to play and what tournaments are available during the off season. Typically teams continuing in spring have 1-2 practices per week and play in 2-3 tournaments. Additionally, we typically offer another weekly training opportunity in the spring for a separate fee.
- End of March/Early April - Spring Season begins.
- Early June – Spring Season ends.